Are you searching for investment solutions to offer your employees? We have just what you need.
We know that picking investments can be intimidating for many. That's why we've created a decision-making tool to help your employees make the right choices.
A Lifecycle Path is a ready-made portfolio of investments tailored to the investor’s risk tolerance. It automatically adjusts itself based on their age and investment horizon.
The objective of a Lifecycle Path is to:
- make investment decisions easier
- increase the likelihood that each plan member will reach their retirement goal
- allow employers to customize the solution based on their needs
Option 1: Standard Lifecycle Path
Our standard Lifecycle Path assigns a starter portfolio to every plan member based on their estimated retirement age and their risk tolerance.
- The portfolio is composed of one of our five multi-management funds
- The asset allocation adjusts itself over time to gradually become more conservative as the retirement date approaches
Option 2: Customized Lifecycle Path
We can design a customized Lifecycle Path based on a variety of factors:
- plan member age, retirement age or number of years before retirement
- Different investor profiles
- The number and duration of intervals
- The makeup of the underlying investment portfolios
If you’re interested in customizing your Lifecycle Paths, take a look at the range of
investment options we offer.
For investors who know a lot about investing and want to take a more hands-on approach with their portfolio, we have a wide range of multi-management funds and à la carte funds to choose from.
Our five multi-management funds are investment solutions designed for people who have some degree of investment knowledge but would still prefer to leave their fund selection up to our team of experts.
- The funds are automatically rebalanced every quarter to ensure an optimal balance between long-term performance and risk.
- They’re made up of a variety of mutual funds across a diversity of asset classes and are carefully monitored by our experts on a regular basis.
- We have funds corresponding to each of our investor profiles: Secure, Moderate, Balanced, Growth and Aggressive.
For more details about our multi-management funds, take a look at our range of
À la carte funds
Some of your employees may want to design their own combination of funds. They can take advantage of our wide range of
investment options covering a variety of management styles and asset classes.
Promoting responsible investing in your business
Responsible investment (RI) is a form of investing that considers environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria while still focusing on financial returns.
External link. This link will open in a new window. Learn more about responsible investment and ESG criteria
Reasons to offer responsible investment to your employees
72% of the Canadian population is interested in responsible investment1. There are many reasons why.
Positive social and environmental impact
Attractive return potential
Desire to be consistent with your lifestyle or convictions
Give your employees the choice to support companies that contribute to sustainable development and social responsibility by adding responsible investment solutions to their group plan.
Measurable impacts of our products
We're RI pioneers in Canada. For more than 30 years, we’ve provided employees with innovative investment solutions that have positive effects on society and the planet.
For example, based on an estimated investment of CA$10 million in 20202, companies that Desjardins SocieTerra Cleantech Fund (Impax) invested in contributed to:
- 700 fewer net tons of CO2 emitted, equal to 169 cars during 1 year3
- 300 million litres of water saved, distributed or processed, equal to the water consumption of 2,498 Canadians during 1 year4
- 180 tons of waste recovered or processed, equal to the waste produced by 250 Canadians per year5
External link. This link will open in a new window. Learn more about our expertise in responsible investment
External link. This link will open in a new window. Learn more about our responsible investment policy (PDF, 534 KB)
External link. This link will open in a new window. View our 2020 annual report – Pooled funds (PDF, 19,8 MB)
100% RI target date solution
Available in 2022
We're proud to offer a target date solution which couples our SocieTerra Funds with a well-researched and developed lifecycle path. You can now offer your employees a responsible investment solution that provides them with a diversified portfolio, adaptable to their retirement horizon.
See our funds
Contact us to choose a fund lineup tailored to the needs of your business.
- 2020 RIA Investor Opinion Survey https://www.riacanada.ca/content/uploads/2020/10/2020-RIA-Investor-Opinion-Survey-Report_FINAL_Oct-15.pdf
- Baillie Gifford Overseas Limited. The contributions are based on the annual impact of the assets held in the Desjardins SocieTerra Positive Change Fund portfolio on December 31, 2020. For those holdings that have been in the portfolio for less than the full year, no attempt has been made to pro-rate the contribution. However, as we have a long time horizon and aim to invest in our holdings for five to ten years or longer, portfolio turnover will be low. Headline Impact Data, while providing an indication of the impact of the portfolio, are vulnerable to inconsistencies. This may be due to underlying assumptions. How companies measure and report is not always uniform and, in some cases, requires conversion to allow for aggregation across the portfolio. Where information is not available, we do not include a company's contribution within the Headline Impact Data snapshot. In time, we hope to be able to encourage companies to increase their reporting. Data for CO2e saved is based on company reporting which is either in CO2 or CO2e; the aggregate data is presented as CO2e as this is the most conservative approach. Data related to healthcare is presented to date, covering multiple years.
- The net CO2 emissions are calculated by subtracting the 3,100 tons of CO2 avoided from the 2,400 tons of CO2 produced.
External link. This link will open in a new window. Learn more about calculating the CO2 emissions of a car with annual kilometrage of 20,000 km
- External link. This link will open in a new window. Learn more about the average annual residential water consumption per Canadian (about 329 litres of water per day)
- External link. This link will open in a new window. Learn more about the annual production of waste per Canadian (720 kg of waste on average)