Job loss


Please submit your claim as soon as possible after you’ve lost your job.

  1. Print, fill out and sign the Claim form located at the bottom of this page.
  2. Go to the secure form submission page External link. Opens in a new window. and fill it out.
  3. Required. Attach the following documents:
    • The Claim for Loss of Employment Benefits form that you filled out.
    • Your Record of Employment
    • Proof that you’re receiving EI or the Canada Emergency Response Benefit

You can send us photos of these documents, as long as they’re clear and legible.

Submit your claim online instead of sending it by mail to avoid additional delays.

Are you eligible?

  • You must have lost your full-time job (minimum 20 hours per week) involuntarily and you must have held this job for more than 4 months.
  • You must have lost your job at least 30 days ago.
  • Your job had to be permanent (not seasonal or contract work).
  • You must have been contributing to the federal Employment Insurance (EI) program. Self-employed workers who don't make EI contributions therefore aren't eligible.
  • You must meet EI eligibility criteria.

Vision form

Claim for loss of employment benefits (PDF, 739 KB) Opens in a new window.